Whether your gym was closed, you were injured or you simply got distracted, coming back into the gym after a layoff needs to be well planned. Many of us want to simply jump back in where we left off, but this can be a recipe for disaster. Our bodies become detrained without stimulation, and we can lose significant strength, power and conditioning over a few weeks.
In today’s podcast, coach Jack James, from Crusader Strength, discusses his plan for bringing his athletes back from layoff.
- The mindset needed during your return
- Physical assessments to measure how far you’ve fallen
- The Ultimate training method to use after a layoff
- Taking the time to address weak links
- Being mindful of people’s varying situations
Learn more from Jacob:
NEW Program called REBUILD is Available!
4 week plan to help people get back into the gym after a layoff.