In today’s video, Coach PJ shares 3 of his favorite core exercises for bjj Workout . Each of these exercises will challenge your core in a different way, but its exactly how you’re going to need the stabilize or transfer power during jiu jitsu.
BJJ CORE Workout Series
High Plank Sandbag Slide
- Start in the top push up position
- Driving pressure into the ground
- Maintain a straight line from heels to the top of your head
- Lift one arm and slide the bag across the body.
- Alternate back and forth without losing body position.
Hanging Knee Raise
- Use a pull up bar
- Start with your legs out in front, so there is tension on the abs.
- Drive the knees up and hold the top position.
- Bring toes down under control, without allowing the back to sway.
- This also challenges the shoulders and grip strength
Partner Resisted Dead Bug
- One person, lying on their back, knees bent at 90 degrees, arms up.
- Place a stability ball between the knees and hands
- Maintain good body position, while the partner tries to move the ball.
- Tries to move their body or the ball, while they react and resist.
- Challenge the athlete, but make sure they are successful.