300 Yard Shuttle Run Test
- Marker cones and lines are placed 25 yards apart to indicate the sprint distance.
- Start with a foot on one line.
- When instructed by the timer, the wrestler runs to the opposite 25-yard line, touches it with their foot, turns and run back to the start. This is repeated six times without stopping (covering 300 yards total).
- After a rest of five minutes, the test is repeated.
Record the average of the two 300-yard shuttles.
This is your run score.
Here are the norms:
- 52 seconds – Outstanding
- 54 seconds – Very Good
- 57 second – Good
- 62 seconds – Average
- 65 seconds – below average
- 68 seconds – poor
This is called your drop-off index and also indicates your level of conditioning.
Drop-Off Index Rating
Less than 3 seconds – outstanding, you are ready!
3 seconds – 5 seconds – very good, almost there!
6 seconds – 8 seconds – good / average
9 seconds – 11 seconds – below average
> 10 seconds – poor / needs improvement
How Did You Measure Up?