by Carmen Bott
Should wrestler’s workouts mimic their match? It happens all the time… if the match is 10 minutes long, then athletes grind for 10 minutes. But do these grinder sessions make you better or simply making you slow and tired? In today’s video, Coach Bott discusses various ways of building up the body and preparing for your wrestling season.
Should Conditioning Sessions Mimic Your Match?
- Can you maintain a high pace throughout the session?
- Wrestling static and dynamic
- We need to condition the muscles and the cardiovascular system
- Repeatable and sustainable conditioning sessions are the key
- Are you maintaining your pace for each interval?
- Are you building your endurance or simply getting tired?
Carmen Bott has been in the sport performance and fitness training industry for over 20 years and is considered a resource in exercise prescription and strength coaching for the combative and collision sport athlete population(s). Carmen holds a bachelor’s in Human Kinetics and a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology. As a member of the International Network of Wrestling Researchers, Coach Bott’s methods are grounded in science, but it is her 20+ years of experience that allow her to transfer the science into practice.