Everybody loves the beach! Sun, sand, water, breeze…what’s not to love!?
The question is “Does Training in the Sand Make You a Better Athlete?”
3 Pros of Training in the Sand
- Change of environment – break the monotony…mental reset.
- Burn more calories – Training in the sand makes everything more difficult.
- Soft surface – reduces the impact on your joints.
If your goal is to just get outside, enjoy the beach and to burn calories, training at the beach can be very beneficial.
3 Cons of Training in the Sand
- Speed training in the sand will make you slower.
- Training in the sand changes your mechanics.
- Higher risk of injury because the surface in unpredictable.
If your goal is to improve power, speed and agility, then training on the beach can be detrimental and actually hurt your performance.