We hear a lot about posture, but how does it really affect our strength and performance? Many grapplers and fighters struggle with shoulder, neck, elbow and finger pains, but what is actually causing it? Coach Andrew Read walks us through his thought process when it comes to improving posture, shoulder function and grip strength.
In this episode we discuss:
- 5 factors for healthy shoulders
- Exercises to improve posture
- Understanding elbow pain
- How much is training is enough
- and more.
Mentioned in this podcast:
Thoracic rotation drill:
Neck work for restoration:
Mckenzie method back extensions
Scap push ups
Tying together an extension/ rotation/ integration series
Why Should You Listen to Andrew:
- Master RKC (Russian Kettlebell Certified instructor – the only Australian ever promoted to this level).
- Certified Kettlebell Functional Movement Specialist
- Certified Indian Club Specialist
- National Director Primal Move
- Qualified Olympic and Power Coach through the Australian Weightlifting Federation
- Ironman Triathlete
- Author for – Blitz, Ultrafit, Inside MMA, International Kickboxer, Oxygen and Breaking Muscle.
- Lectured in Australia, USA, China and Korea.
Check out more great info from Andrew here: ReadPT.com