Chad Wesley Smith created Juggernaut Training Systems and is one of the most accomplished strength athletes in history. With a background in track and field, Smith took his 2 collegiate national championships and continued his success in powerlifting and strongman. In today’s episode, we discuss Chad’s transition to jiu jitsu. We discuss strength training, jiu jitsu and managing the variables so Chad stays healthy and becomes more athletic and powerful on the mat.
- Chad’s Accomplishments in Collegiate Athletics, Powerlifting and Strongman
- Experience coaching world class jiu jitsu practitioners.
- His transition to jiu jitsu practice and competition.
- Coordinating his training between lifting and jiu jitsu.
- How his training changed when he began his jiu jitsu training.
- Dealing with the humbling experience of being the new guy in the room.
- Chad’s thoughts on strength training for combat athletes
- and much more!
Stay in touch with Chad here: