Phil Daru is a strength coach in South Florida and trains some of the top mma fighters in the world. Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Dustin Poirier, King Mo Lawal, Tecia Torres, Jake ‘Brutal’ Bostwick, Ryan Quinn and many others trust Coach Daru with their strength and conditioning plans. In this episode we discuss developing workouts for fighters. Whether you are out of camp or preparing for a fight, Phil shares his thoughts and methods that he uses to prepare his fighters for battle.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Workout periodization for Fighters
- What types of workouts to use outside of camp
- Adjusting training during camp
- Fine tuning workouts for the last few weeks of camp
- Monitoring fatigue
- Coordinating with other coaches
- and much more!
More Articles from Phil Daru
- Use This Unique Squat Exercise to Maximize Strength & Power
- How to Build More Effective Workouts
- Develop the Art of Training Fighters
- What It Takes to Develop Stronger MMA Fighters