Wrestlers are some of the toughest athletes on the planet and require a unique approach strength and conditioning. In today’s podcast, we talk with strength coach and professor, Carmen Bott, and discuss how she approaches working with her combat athletes.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- The Demands of the Sport
- Why Are Wrestler’s Unique?
- Common Weak Links that Need to Be Addressed
- Assessing Wrestlers to Determine Strengths and Weaknesses
- Off Season Training Plans
- How to Use Different Types of Workouts
- Working Hard Versus Training Smart
- and more!
Carmen Bott has been in the sport performance and fitness training industry for over 20 years and is considered a resource in exercise prescription and strength coaching for the combative and collision sport athlete population(s). Carmen holds a bachelor’s in Human Kinetics and a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology. As a member of the International Network of Wrestling Researchers, Coach Bott’s methods are grounded in science, but it is her 20+ years of experience that allow her to transfer the science into practice.