Variety is the spice of life, right!?
When it comes to workouts these days, we are overwhelmed by information. Social media is packed full of people demonstrating exercises, selling equipment and trying to get some attention. In order to get stronger and more powerful, its essential that wrestlers get great at the basics. Wrestling workouts should focus on improving these fundamental exercises and then potentially change things up with accessory lifts. In today’s video, Coach Bott discusses the myth that wrestlers need variety to perform at their best.
Wrestling Workouts: Variety in the Weight Room
- Practice the fundamentals on and off the mat.
- Jumping, Olympic lifts, squats, deadlifts, pushing and pulling.
- Manipulate the intensity and volume, depending on the goal.
- Specialized assistance exercises may be appropriate to add variety.
- Tweaks to fundamental lifts also add variety. (ie. back vs front squat)